For the Love of Kids & Camping was created to further the Care Camps’ mission by raising funds and increasing awareness of the organization. Over the years, we have seen the generous support of campers steadily increase as people become more aware of the Care Camps’ mission.
It is our hope that this project helps you build a personal connection with Care Camps and gives you the opportunity to participate in their mission of “sending children affected by cancer to medically supervised camps where they have a wonderful time in the great outdoors with other kids who understand what they are going through.”
Why “For the Love of Kids & Camping”? It’s simple – we LOVE camping and we want kids to have a space to be kids no matter what health challenges they are facing. What better way to do that than at camp?
The primary offering of For the Love of Kids & Camping will be an annual commemorative print for sale in select KOA Campgrounds and online. 2020 marked the inaugural year of the project with opportunity to continue your collection and purchase these prints in support of Care Camps each year after. We are also offering other items like notecards and playing cards with the print image.
We will release a new print for you to add to your collection! These prints benefit a good cause while serving as a unique memento from a trip or family vacation.
If you’re anything like us, camping has been at the root of countless memories with loved ones over the years. To say we get a little nostalgic looking at this print is an understatement. We can clearly picture our family at the shore of the lake, skipping rocks, and enjoying a picnic while recounting the strenuous hike taken that morning.
The print tells a story, one that is unique to each of us. As the project continues, the painted location of the prints will change, but the memories will continue.
The Creative Behind the Prints
Joe Heins, of Heins Creative, is the artist behind our commemorative prints. Heins Creative was established in 1988 by twin brothers Jim and Joe Heins. Heins Creative specializes in graphic design for print. Growing up as sons of an art teacher and sign painter in the 1960s and 70s, the line between fine art and commercial art was never drawn … it was all art and deserving of the highest level of craftsmanship. Today, they approach each project with fierce dedication to craftsmanship and artistry.
Where can you find these items? Thanks to these Campgrounds that are selling Prints, Notecards, Playing cards or Stickers!
- Abilene KOA – Texas
- Asheville West KOA- North Carolina
- Bar Harbor / Oceanside KOA – Maine
- Beaver KOA – Utah
- Bristol / Kingsport KOA – Tennessee
- Cardinal / Ottawa South KOA – Ontario, Canada
- Charlottesville KOA – Virginia
- Cherokee / Great Smokies KOA – North Carolina
- Delaware Water Gap / Pocono Mountain KOA – Pennsylvania
- Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA – Colorado
- Grants Pass KOA- Oregon
- Honesdale / Poconos KOA – Pennsylvania
- Indianapolis KOA – Indiana
- Las Vegas KOA at Sam’s Town – Nevada
- Mackinaw City / Mackinac Island KOA – Michigan
- Manchester KOA – Tennessee
- Missoula KOA – Montana
- Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg KOA – Tennessee
- Red Lodge KOA – Montana
- Sallisaw / Fort Smith West KOA – Oklahoma
- San Antonio / Alamo KOA – Texas
- Santa Cruz / Monterey Bay KOA – California
- Sweetwater / I-75/ Exit 62 KOA – Tennessee
- Tifton KOA – Georgia
- West Palm Beach / Lion Country Safari KOA – Florida